Welcome to an all-new
episode of “What the Fit.” People, I of course
am your host, Kevin Hart. Today, guess what. Today we are taking it
back to the ’80s. And by ’80s, I do mean
the ’80s, full swing. You see my car? We’re doing it! And on my show today
is Mindy Kaling. That’s right, people.
Mindy Kaling is on my show, And I am all about
that health and fitness
lifestyle, and I want that
for my friends, too. Whoa! – Hey, Mindy!
– ( engine quits ) Is it on? – Hi!
– Did it cut off? – How’s it going?
– It’s good, Mindy. – Did the car cut off?
– ( laughs ) I think I may have
to start it up again. – Oh, my goodness.
– Goddamn it. This is a surprising car
to see you in. – Yeah, now we rollin’.
– Yeah. – How you doin’, lady?
– I’m good. Please tell me
what you’re working on,
what are you doing? Uh, I have
a 2-year old daughter. Holy cow, Mindy! Yeah, yeah, we were
swimming the other day
and she was so cute. I came up here
and she was sitting
on the edge of the pool and I was like,
“Hey, Katherine.” And she’s like, “Mommy,
give me some space.” – Wow. Two years old.
– Two years old. I was like, “We’re ethnic.
We don’t have space.” ( laughs ) I kinda thought
you were gonna pick me up in, like,
a Bentley or something. – ( car stalls )
– Well, I could’ve. Goddamn it!
It’s– see, what happened– this is my brother’s car. If the Terminator
was chasing us right now, we’d be in a lot of trouble. No, we’d be in trouble. I remember my mom
working out to these– to these VHS tapes,
where they were doing,
like, aerobics. And there were days
where she was like,
“Come on, do it with me.” And I would do it
and I was excited. And I said, “You know
what would be dope? If on ‘What the Fit,’
if I actually embrace this ’80s workout world.” Front, back,
push it, pull it,
push it, pull it. Faster!
Lean into it. You’re gonna feel this
on the high part of your glutes. You’re the only person
I would wear a leotard for. – That’s amazing.
– Listen, getting into
this car was my workout. – This was your– ( laughs )
– So, I don’t know, – getting out of your–
– Why don’t you work out, Mindy? I do. Here’s the thing.
When you’re not in shape, I think people’s assumption
is that you don’t work out. – Okay.
– It takes a lot of work
to get this body. Getting up and going
to the gym is supposed to make you feel
like you put yourself in the best position
to win on that particular day. And follow suit
the day after, the day after.
That’s what I do. I motivate and inspire people
to understand how to be the best
versions of themselves. That’s it, Mindy.
Nothing more. I was mad ’cause you’re
already so funny and successful. And then I was like,
“Oh, now he has, like,
a good body, too?” Yeah, yeah.
My body’s pretty ( bleep )
amazing, I’ll tell you that. Yeah, I’ve seen
every inch of your body. You’re damn right
you have. – Yeah.
– I mean every inch.
Every inch of your body. There’s been some photos
where I let it all out. And I’m happy
they’re out there. We’re gonna
go back to the ’80s.
I’m excited. And before we start,
we’re going to indulge
in wigs. – Wigs?
– Wigs, ’cause in the ’80s,
it was all about the mullet. – Business in the front,
party in the back.
– Yeah. We’re about to get
some wigs, Mindy. – ( car stalls )
– Goddamn it, Mindy. Don’t blame me,
it’s my brother. It’s his car. – Ladies first.
– Whoa. – Hi.
– This is nice.
How are you? Welcome to wig heaven. Basically, we’re gonna do,
like, a ’80s workout, and I feel like
if we’re gonna do it, we should embrace
the ’80s, look the part. Although
I have amazing hair, I think that a wig
would probably serve
a valuable purpose. I want to look hot
like Tina Turner but, like,
Rod Stewart, too. Oh, I have the perfect,
perfect wig… – Oh, yes.
– …you might like. – Now we’re talking.
– I think this is
your perfect Rod Stewart. That’s a lot of hair. Party in the back,
business in the front. Maybe I’ll do, like,
a headband or something
on mine. – Or a mullet?
– What’s this? I don’t know if I got
a mullet head, though. You need a certain
type of head. I think it has
a pin in it. You got to swing
these things, Mindy. – You know.
– Oh, my God, Yes. Yes, I’ve seen you
in a lot of red carpet things.
You’ve never looked better. This right here is saying,
“Give me the money.” – Yeah.
– Huh? – It’s saying,
“Give me the money.”
– That’s really good. What you say?
I ain’t got time
for you or you. You ain’t got time
for either of us. I don’t know if it’s–
I don’t know if it’s the thing. You think if I wear this, it’s, like,
cultural appropriation? By the way,
that’s my world. – This is your world?
– That’s Rick James. Let me see this. Hold on. Mm. Hold on, now. – Huh?
– Yes! – Yo, no, this is it.
– Yes! – Ah! Ah!
– Yes! Ah! Ah! Oh, hello. What the– hey! – Oh, hello.
I’m looking for Mad Max.
– Hey. – ( laughs )
– What do you– what do you
think about this one? – This– no.
– No? No, no, no.
Not “no” like, “No.” “No” like,
“Wait a minute.” I think that you’re gonna
buy this one for me. – No, no, no. That’s…
– How much is this? You know what?
Don’t even tell me. – No, no, no.
– I was born to wear this wig. That’s $100,000. – That means– oh!
–( music playing )– Mindy, we did it.
– Yeah! Damn!
Who this guy? Oh, that’s you, Kev. ( laughs ) Come on, Mindy.
Let’s go work out.( music playing )– Mindy: Whoa.
– Kevin: Wow, look at this. Mindy:
This looks great. Hi. – Hello.
– Hey, welcome, you guys. – Hi.
– Hi, what’s your name? I am Tammy Lee Webb,
aka Buns of Steel.Get those cheeseburgers
out of those hips.Can I see your buns, Kevin?
Turn around? – Yeah, that’s not–
– Mindy: Really good. – Oh, nice, Mindy.
– You see that? – Okay, so, in here–
– I break– I break
somebody’s hand off. – He’s really clenched.
– I’ll snap your Goddamn
hand off. Kevin, you cheeks
are too clenched. – Did you see that?
– Yeah. – Hey, hey!
– They are steel. – They are steel.
– So, are you ready to sweat? I’m ready to sweat! Okay, this
is very important. I want you to do
a pelvic tilt. – You know what I call this?
– What’s that? Givin’ somebody the work
that they deserve. Oh, my goodness. Okay, deep breath up. And hold here.
Hands on your hips. Turn your toes out,
and we’re gonna do
little plies. – Wait a minute.
– Make sure your knees
are not going past your toes. – Hold on now.
– We’re just warming up.
Nice wide stance. – Hold on now.
– There you go. Mindy’s got it.
She’s done this before. Take a time out.
Let’s all take a time out, make sure we on
the same page. – Should we slow down for you?
– Yeah, let’s just– ’cause I feel like
we need to get into it. Okay, right here,
we’re gonna hold it. – Okay, we’re gonna
keep it going.
– Little pulses. And then I want you
to give me that cross-the-shoulder
sexy look. – This is ’80s right here.
– Yes, attitude. – All right, yeah, got it.
– Okay, all right, so… Goddamn, what is this,
300 pounds? – What is this?
– ( laughs ) All right, so,
tuck that pelvis. Kevin, can we pixilate
this area in front of me? No, Mindy.
Sometimes you got to
give ’em what they want. It just got rated R up in here.
You see what I’m givin’ ’em. All right, so,
in this position, push the hip forward. Should my legs
be shaking like this? – I don’t feel like this–
– Let me help. – I don’t feel like
this is right.
– Put your feet together. And then open like this. I’m talkin’ about
the way they shakin’. I’m like a deer
up in this bitch. You’re gonna lay
on your back. You’re gonna do
that pelvic tilt. And then we’re gonna
lift our hips up. – The hips are up, Kevin.
– What are we doing here? – Now press it out
– Okay. Release and back down. And down.
You got it, Mindy? – I think so, right?
– Yeah, you got it going. – Lift, open…
– Open and down. – And you feel it
in the high hip. Awesome.
– Yes, yes, I am. You might want to blur this. ( grunting ) – People want
to see this, Kevin.
– Tammy: You got it? Tammy, can you pull mine off? Tammy. Yeah, pull it.
Not my pants!
Not my pants. – Water break.
– Okay, let’s get
a water break. – Thank you.
Thank you so much.
– Let’s go! Hey, good job, guys. I thought because
it was the ’80s, that I could maybe
show you some photos
of me from the ’80s. Okay. This is what I looked like. I look like little
Theodore Roosevelt. No, you look like– you look
like a Cabbage Patch Doll. – Mindy, you don’t–
– ( laughs ) Mindy, this is scary.
Like, you look like– I’m in a formal library. You look like you
just took your SAT. What are you ta–
I’m full of youthful spirit. No, Mindy.
This isn’t– this is the look of a kid
that’s just really getting mad. Like, you just– Oh, wow.
Oh, okay. – This one’s better.
– This one’s a little better. – Yeah, this is, uh…
– Good hair. No, this
is obviously, you– did you have a relationship
with the wig shop
before we got there? – That’s all me.
– This is you. – That’s all me, yeah.
– Oh, okay. All right,
in that case… I notice you’re avoiding
saying any complimentary
adjectives. No, you were– that’s a–
what are you talking about? – That’s a–
– You’re like, “That’s a photo.” That’s a healthy baby. You can do it! – Oh, ( bleep )
– Whoa. – How are you.
– Yeah. – How are you, sir?
– Whoo! 60 seconds.
This oughta kick
my buttocks. You guys look very retro. – Yeah, yeah.
– Cool. – And very in shape.
– Thank you. Where’d you get–
you got a wig, too. – I knew it.
– Did you ever know that? Actually,
I have real hair. – Okay.
– That’s some good hair. – Do you feel bad now?
– We were at a wig shop – and your hair rivals that.
– Yeah. – All right,
let’s get to it, man.
– Okay, want a show? Lean forward.
Put all your weight in forward. – Whoa. Whoa.
– Come on, squeeze it. Squeeze it, come on.
Squeeze it, faster, faster. – ( bleep )
– Lean backwards.
Come on, lean backwards. Lean backwards.
You can do it. You’re just truckin’, man. Tony, we really
went from zero to 60
on this guy. – Yeah, yeah.
– There is no training
on this, huh? – Look at me now, Tony.
– You look great. I look great.
Look at my stride. Mindy, do you have a stride?
You gotta get a stride. I’m just trying
not to fall off of it
at the moment. If we come over here,
this is called the Body Express. It uses all your own
muscle reflexes and flexes it for you. Kevin:
Be careful, Mindy. You can do it!
Believe in yourself! – Okay.
– There’s always a way. I’m afraid to not do
what Tony says, all right? – So I’m gonna do it.
– Go down, come up. – Oh. Oh, yeah.
– You should
feel the difference. So now you’re taking
like a squat, and you put so much more
resistance on your body
at the same time. This thing’s got
my balls flappin’ all over
the place, Tony. Everything’s real jiggly. We– somebody
stop my machine. Can somebody
stop my machine? – If you step off it…
– Just somebody please
stop my machine. – Thank you, Tony.
– Thank, Tony! – You’re welcome.
– All right. – You can do it!
– Yeah, uh, water break, Mindy, – before we go another round?
– Let’s get a water break. We got– this is
a lot of working out. I want
to show you something. This is like my little– my memories box, okay? I’m so happy
you brought it with you. – Well, it’s the ’80s.
– Yeah. So, why would
I have you here – and not take you
down memory lane?
– No, I like it. Okay, uh, wow. You know what this is? ( gasps )
A Slinky? No, this is what
my mom beat me with. Um, it– yes,
technically a Slinky. But when I got
in trouble in school, I remember my mom,
she took it, and she said,
“Come here!” And she, like, flicked it
right at my head. Bink!
Right at my forehead, so my memory
of a Slinky is not good. – Okay.
– Yeah, so maybe you
have a good memory. Thank you.
I’m sorry about that. This is the phone
that my mom told us
to use – when ours got cut off.
– Okay. – “Hey, Cousin Cheryl.”
– Okay, well… “Are you there?”
And my mom would be
behind me, and she’d be like,
“No, I ain’t home.” And I’d be like,
“I’ll call you back.” ( snorts )
That sounds sad, too. Well, it’s not,
because I got to pretend
that I talked to everybody. ( pretends to sob ) That one’s
really emotional, huh? Yeah. Yeah. – This is one of the balls
that you shake–
– Magic 8 Ball, yeah. Yeah, yeah. – Well, my dad got us this.
– Okay, that’s nice. And, basically,
when we would want something, he’d be like,
“Ask the 8 Ball,
ask the 8 Ball.” But somehow
he got it to say, “( bleep ) no,”
all the time. Watch.
Ask me something. Kevin, did you have
a nice day? Ask the 8 Ball.
You’ll see what it says. – Oh, “( bleep ) no.”
– Yeah, told you. Look at this.
People are coming out. Wow, these people all
probably had a good childhood. Yeah.
( laughs ) – Come on over.
– Hey, guys. – Hi, how’s it going?
– Good to see everybody. Hi, hi, my name’s Shanna.
So, we’re from Jazzercise. Jazzercise is the original
dance fitness workout. Ha! Ha!
( trills, vocalizes ) Do you guys let men
in your thing? – Absolutely.
– They are? – We do, we have a few.
– Okay, a few? – A few.
– Well, I’ll be
the honorary guy today. – We would love that.
– Gotta do a quick
wedgie check. We’re gonna start
and you’re gonna take your leg, you’re gonna give me
two touches. Just touch and touch. Mindy, this is what
we’ve been waiting for, Mindy. Yes, save the best
for last. I want you to do this
two times. After my hip roll
or no? After the hip roll, yes. Come back over here.
Over here. Double touch. Front, front.
Lay it out. Very good.
All right. – Yeah, this is great.
– I love to lay it out. – Good job.
– This is great. You know what I like
about this one? Is when
you’re going forward, you’re like,
“Hey, how’s it going?” Then you’re like,
“Give me some space. – Give me some space.”
– That’s right. Shanna, do you mind
if I take you guys – through a little step?
– I would love it. Maybe we switch?
Maybe I take the middle? – Absolutely.
– ‘Cause I’m in control,
I’m in charge. From the top!
Five, six, seven, eight! Tap, one, two, three. And tap, one, two, three. And slide.
And slide. Two claps! ( laughs ) You guys kinda–
nobody had trouble with that? Well, how could you have trouble
with two claps? Well, after the two claps,
we’re gonna do a front flip. – Okay.
– Oh, no. No time to rehearse it.
Just go for it. Count it down! Five, six, seven, eight. And tap, one, two, three. And tap,
one, two, three. And slide.
And slide. Two claps!
Flip! Mindy, no.
Mindy, no, Mindy. – No, I didn’t want–
– Was it a prank? I know,
it was a prank, Mindy. – Oh.
– I’m sorry. Ladies,
thank you guys so much. I mean, I had a blast.
Mindy, did you have a blast? You guys,
this was my favorite. You recap the day for me. – Okay, I got a sick wig.
– Okay. I went into
an old crappy car. Yeah, we did.
That was my brother’s, sorry. – Got my buns steeled.
– Then we capped it off
with Jazzercise. – This was the best.
– Thank you to Mindy. Thank you guys
for watching another amazing
episode of “What the Fit.” This is just the beginning.
There’s only more. And you’ll get to see more. Why? Because that’s what
“What the Fit” is about. Motivation, inspiration, and inspiring you
to simply move. Get up, get out,
get active. Thank you. Ladies.
Five, six, seven, eight! One, two, three, four,
and tap! And tap! It’s your pal
Kevin Hart here, and I earned my stripes
in Jazzercise. True story. That should make you
want to click on these videos and subscribe
to my YouTube channel, “Laugh Out Loud.”